If your lake group or residents participated in Love Your Lake you can apply for a microgrant to help naturalize your lake’s shoreline. Healthy shorelines are among the most productive and diverse environments. They support a vibrant community of plants and wildlife, help filter pollutants and protect against erosion. We want to help get your lake healthy and keep it that way! The Love Your Lake Microgrant Program will provide up to $500 per lake group or association for shoreline naturalization projects that contribute to lake health. Project proposals need to demonstrate involvement of your lake community members.
Who can apply?
What projects may be funded?
Community support required
What project costs are eligible?
Receipts will need to be submitted to Heather Murphy at email@example.com for reimbursement up to a total of $500 per approved application. The following project costs are eligible under the program:
- Native plants and other landscaping material and supply costs
- Equipment rental costs
Acknowledging funding support
A funding report must be submitted to Heather Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 17, 2021. The funding report must include:
- A description of the project
- Dates the project took place
- What the microgrant was used for
- How the community was engaged
- How Love Your Lake, Watersheds Canada and the Canadian Wildlife Federation were recognized
- Provide at least one (1) testimonial
- Provide photos of the project
How to Apply
Questions about the Love Your Lake Microgrant Program should be directed to Heather Murphy at email@example.com.
Program co-ordinated by: